The different options available are:
- The best type of breast implant for you (saline or silicone gel)
- The shape and size of the implant
- The location of the incision
- The placement of the implants
- The Vectra system and how we use it to give you an idea of what options are available with respect to the implant type and size
With knowledge, skill and experience, we seek to minimise scarring and to ensure that your breast enlargements look natural and visually appealing.
Do you want larger, firmer, more beautiful breasts? Contact us to talk about breast augmentation.
Silicone Gel Implants
Silicone gel breast implants are made from an elastic gel. They are pre-filled implants that provide a very natural look after being inserted under the breasts through an incision. They can be an effective option for women aged 19 and older. Downside risks are rare but can include leaking silicone or collapsing implants. Regular check-ups can ensure that the implants remain in good condition while an ultrasound test can also be used to evaluate the state of the implants.
Saline breast implants use a sterile saltwater solution to provide volume. Empty implants are inserted into the breasts through an incision and, once in place, they are filled during surgery. While they are a safe and effective option, the downside risk is that the implant shell may leak and collapse. In the unlikely event of this happening, saline may be absorbed into the body and naturally expelled. Saline implants are generally recommended for women over the age of 18. In terms of appearance, the downside is that they may tend to look less natural than silicone gel implants, they can ripple and the breasts may feel cooler than the normal body temperature.
Anatomical Breast Implants
Anatomical breast implants are shaped like teardrops and are fuller in the lower half of the breasts. They are designed to make the breasts look as natural as possible. The downside risk is that these implants may rotate, distorting their appearance.
Round Breast Implants
Round breast implants are a popular style of breast augmentation. They can create a fuller look throughout the breast and there may be slight visual distortion should the implants shift slightly at any time. Once the implant settles into the breast, the force of gravity can tend to make the bottom part of the breast look fuller.
Are You an Ideal Candidate for Breast Augmentation?
Visit us for a private consultation where we will evaluate your breasts and discuss the best options available to you to help you get the shape and size breasts you really want. If you respond positively to the following questions, breast augmentation surgery may be a great choice for you:
- Are you in good health, both physically and psychologically?
- Do you have realistic expectations when it comes to potential breast enlargement?
- Are your breasts fully developed
- Are you unhappy with the look and size of your breasts currently?
- Have your breasts lost their shape or volume due to pregnancy, breastfeeding, ageing or weight fluctuations?