Gynecomastia (often referred to as "man boobs") is a condition that causes abnormal enlargement of male breast tissue. Symptoms vary from a small amount of extra tissue around the nipples to larger sized breasts. One or both breasts may be affected, and the breast tissue can be painful or tender. If this is the case, it should be assessed by a doctor. Gynecomastia is not linked to breast cancer, however, if breasts are sore or painful, it should be checked out by a physician. There are a number of causes... Continue Reading
Specialist plastic and cosmetic surgery practicePrecision Aesthetics, Dr. Vernon Ching, is a leading plastic surgery practice in Midrand/Johannesburg focussing exclusively on providing our patients with the best possible results. We offer both surgical and non-invasive procedures with patient safety being our top priority. Dr Ching combines his surgical skills with meticulous attention to aesthetic details to achieve beautiful and natural looking results.
Specialist plastic and cosmetic surgery practice
WE ARE OPEN
We are reopening the practice.
The last six weeks have been a fearful and daunting time for South Africans with the Covid19 virus scenario in our country. The level 5 lockdown had confined all but the “essential services” to stay at home disallowing almost the whole country to attend regular work.
The announcement on the 29th of April that Level 4 regulations apply, now legally permits medical services to resume provided specific parameters are met in that routine work is allowed only between 05h00 until 20h00.
The following protocols have been set in place to facilitate patient and staff safety:
- Only the patient will be allowed to attend the consultation unless the patient is a minor
- We will perform pre-visit screening phone calls to ensure that our patients have no cold or flu symptoms of illness such as fever, cough, sore throat, fatigue, and loss of smell
- Temperature checks and symptoms review will be performed by Waterfall Netcare Hospital immediately upon your arrival before entering the hospital and our rooms.
- The staff will welcome you warmly wearing protective masks
- Physical distancing measures are in place in the rooms
- Strict personal protection practices will be enforced in the rooms with all patients wearing masks which we will supply if patients do not have their own.
- Strict access control of the practice will be enforced.
- Practice schedules will be changed to ensure that we do not have more than one person in practice at any given time
- Strict hygiene measures are also instituted
I want to assure each of you that we are well trained and equipped to manage your safety in my practice. You will still experience the friendly faces of our staff as well the exceptional attention that we provide to all our patients. It is our honour and privilege to care for you during these uncertain and chaotic times. As new information arises, we will adjust our protocols accordingly to improve our level of service to you, our patients.
In the interim, wear your masks, wash your hands, keep safe and nod and smile.