Gynecomastia (often referred to as "man boobs") is a condition that causes abnormal enlargement of male breast tissue. Symptoms vary from a small amount of extra tissue around the nipples to larger sized breasts. One or both breasts may be affected, and the breast tissue can be painful or tender. If this is the case, it should be assessed by a doctor. Gynecomastia is not linked to breast cancer, however, if breasts are sore or painful, it should be checked out by a physician. There are a number of causes... Continue Reading
Specialist plastic and cosmetic surgery practicePrecision Aesthetics, Dr. Vernon Ching, is a leading plastic surgery practice in Midrand/Johannesburg focussing exclusively on providing our patients with the best possible results. We offer both surgical and non-invasive procedures with patient safety being our top priority. Dr Ching combines his surgical skills with meticulous attention to aesthetic details to achieve beautiful and natural looking results.
Specialist plastic and cosmetic surgery practice
OCTOBER 2019 SPECIAL – THERMATIX
THERMAGE® is a procedure that helps to combat the effects of ageing. It uses radio‐frequency energy in targeted areas to strengthen collagen in your skin, resulting in a smoother and more youthful looking appearance. With little downtime and quick results, THERMAGE® is an ideal solution for loose and sagging skin.
THERMAGE® is effective in different areas, such as:
- Eyes: Proven results on fine line, brow lines and sagging eyelids
- Chin and Jaw: Tackles loose skin, jowl areas, droopy chins and lost definition in the jawline
- Face: Smoothes lines and removes wrinkles; strengthens collagen to remodel the skin
- Body: Helps address sagging skin, stretch marks, bulges, dimples and unsightly cellulite
Precision Aesthetics uses the latest THERMAGE® CPT Tissue Tightening System, a radiofrequency device designed to tighten and gently lift the skin and renew facial contours. This FDA approved treatment for the face and eyes is safe and effective, with minimal adverse effects. The procedure takes between 1-2 hours, depending on the size of the target area.
The most commonly treated areas are the face and neck where cheek folds, jowls, and laxity of the neck, forehead, brow and eyelids show the most improvement. The procedure is also used to contour and tighten the skin of the abdomen and upper arms in suitable patients and can improve the appearance of acne scars and induce long-lasting remission of active acne.
The THERMAGE® procedure works by delivering radiofrequency heat energy to deep skin layers through a hand piece, while protecting the skin with a cryogen cooling plate. The heat causes the subsurface tissue and collagen to contract and tighten immediately.
Over time, new and remodelled collagen is produced to further tighten the skin. Immediate improvement can be seen after the treatment and improvement continues for at least 6 months after a single treatment session. Results can last for up to 4 years or longer, depending on the natural aging process of each patient.
TIXEL® is a totally new way of treating the skin using thermo-mechanical ablative (TMA) technology. In simple terms, it employs the direct use of heat to treat all skin types and colours and can be used to treat several concerns including fine lines, wrinkles, skin discolouration, age spots, acne scars and sun damaged skin.
Unlike other therapies which are currently available, Tixel® is not laser, ultrasound or radiofrequency.
Tixel® is an advanced skin treatment that is used for three main purposes:
- Skin tightening. To tighten the skin (dermis) in order to improve lines, wrinkles, sagging and dilated pores as well as acne scars.
- Skin resurfacing. To regenerate the skin (epidermis) in order to even the skin tone, reduce pigmentation and other blemishes and produce a glow. Active acne responds very well to Tixel® as well.
- Drug delivery. Tixel® is used to create tiny pores in the skin to allow the penetration of medications through the skin. Medications may include those that reduce pigmentation, increase collagen production and relax muscles.
HOW TIXEL® WORKS
The skin is gently heated using a grid of tiny pyramids the size of pinheads. 81 of these make contact with the skin for only a few thousandths of a second with each shot of treatment.
This allows heat to be transferred to the skin in a controlled manner causing the skin to tighten and rejuvenate. As the contact made with the skin is so short-lived, the level of discomfort is significantly lower than it is for other resurfacing and tightening treatments.
The tiny little microcrusts can be seen in a grid. When compared to fractional CO2 laser, there is much less charring and redness which means that make-up or a tinted moisturiser can be applied early on.
TIXEL® STRONG POINTS
- Results comparable to fractional CO2 lasers
- Painless treatments, no need of anaesthesia
- Quick healing and very rapid down-time
- Protective glasses are not needed, smoke free
- Versatile: Tixel® can be set both in ablative and in non-ablative mode to create deep ablative craters with no carbonization or superficial permeable channels
- Suitable in combination with creams and lotions
- Affordable procedures
Thermage® and Tixel® bring out the best in each other. This non-surgical treatment sequence is your skin´s best friend for total skin rejuvenation. The combined treatments help correct the most significant signs of aging: sagging skin, wrinkles, skin texture and pigmentation.
Thermage® delivers radiofrequency energy deep into the dermis and subcutaneous layers of the skin.
Tixel® delivers energy to the dermal and epidermal layers of the skin.
By combining Thermage® and Tixel® you are effectively treating all 3 layers of the skin which effectively results in:
- reduced lines and wrinkles
- Redefined contours and firmness
- Improved tone and texture
- Renewed collagen
- Erased unwanted age spots and sun spots
- Improved appearance of acne scars and surgical scars
Purchase one session of Thermage® and receive one session of Tixel® FREE (Value R4,450)