Gynecomastia (often referred to as "man boobs") is a condition that causes abnormal enlargement of male breast tissue. Symptoms vary from a small amount of extra tissue around the nipples to larger sized breasts. One or both breasts may be affected, and the breast tissue can be painful or tender. If this is the case, it should be assessed by a doctor. Gynecomastia is not linked to breast cancer, however, if breasts are sore or painful, it should be checked out by a physician. There are a number of causes... Continue Reading
Specialist plastic and cosmetic surgery practicePrecision Aesthetics, Dr. Vernon Ching, is a leading plastic surgery practice in Midrand/Johannesburg focussing exclusively on providing our patients with the best possible results. We offer both surgical and non-invasive procedures with patient safety being our top priority. Dr Ching combines his surgical skills with meticulous attention to aesthetic details to achieve beautiful and natural looking results.
Specialist plastic and cosmetic surgery practice
MAY 2019 SPECIAL – WEEK-END TIXEL®
Tixel® is a totally new way of treating the skin using thermo-mechanical ablative (TMA) technology. In simple terms, it employs the direct use of heat to treat all skin types and colours and can be used to treat several concerns including fine lines, wrinkles, skin discolouration, age spots, acne scars and sun damaged skin.
Unlike other therapies which are currently available, Tixe®l is not laser, ultrasound or radiofrequency.
Tixel® is an advanced skin treatment that is used for three main purposes:
- Skin tightening. To tighten the skin (dermis) in order to improve lines, wrinkles, sagging and dilated pores as well as acne scars.
- Skin resurfacing.To regenerate the skin (epidermis) in order to even the skin tone, reduce pigmentation and other blemishes and produce a glow. Active acne responds very well to Tixel® as well.
- Drug delivery. Tixel® is used to create tiny pores in the skin to allow the penetration of medications through the skin. Medications may include those that reduce pigmentation, increase collagen production and relax muscles.
HOW TIXEL® WORKS
The skin is gently heated using a grid of tiny pyramids the size of pinheads. 81 of these make contact with the skin for only a few thousandths of a second with each shot of treatment.
This allows heat to be transferred to the skin in a controlled manner causing the skin to tighten and rejuvenate. As the contact made with the skin is so short-lived, the level of discomfort is significantly lower than it is for other resurfacing and tightening treatments.
The tiny little microcrusts can be seen in a grid. When compared to fractional CO2 laser, there is much less charring and redness which means that make-up or a tinted moisturiser can be applied early on.
TIXEL® STRONG POINTS
- Results comparable to fractional CO2 lasers
- Painless treatments, no need of anaesthesia
- Quick healing and very rapid down-time
- Protective glasses are not needed, smoke free
- Versatile: Tixel can be set both in ablative and in non-ablative mode to create deep ablative craters with no carbonization or superficial permeable channels
- Suitable in combination with creams and lotions
- Affordable procedures
Purchase a Week-End Tixel® and receive a FREE ZO® Brightening Masque and Free Microdacyn Wound Care Spray (Value R500)